Thursday, December 3, 2009

Reindeer Games/Last day


Today was our last day at St. Mary's. Only a few short weeks prior I had walked into St. Mary's for are first day and teaching experience. Over that time I have learned a lot about how to work with younger kids, and how to keep them more active over a class period. I really enjoyed my time their it was a great learning experience and just fun in general. Once again I feel like I learned a lot over the course of the semester, things that we benefit me greatly when i become a teacher. Before this I was more used to working with older kids, and that is a whole different ball game then compared to working with Pre k and younger kids. When working with them everything had to be very basic and concise because if you took a long time on giving directions they wouldn't be paying attention. This took a lot of practice but I think with the skills that we were taught we are able to hand those type of situations much better than the first trip we made to St. Mary's. This experience has really helped me realize that this is something that I really want to do in the future. I really enjoyed working with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment