Sunday, November 8, 2009

A look in on everyday activity




The following day morning I got the chance to go back to St. Mary's during the morning to get a look at how their everyday routine goes. When I got their I introduced myself to the teachers and the class i would be working with that morning. Almost immediately after entering the classroom one of the boy's Duncan who I had worked with before had come up to me and was ready to show me the ropes of the classroom. We then began to play with some of the other kids in the class. We then broke out the building blocks all the kids then began to use their imaginations to make whatever they wanted. That morning the structure of the classroom was pretty relaxed, but at some points throughout the morning some of the kids got a little loud and had to go back to their seats and read or do something quite. But for the most part the kids where very well behaved. My morning concluded with me reading a story to one of the boys who was asked to sit down at his desk for a while. I started to read for him and he seemed to be really enjoy this, soon a couple other kids came over to hear the story as well. This was the first time I have had the chance to do something that was more in the classroom setting and I really enjoyed it, cant wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment